Member Voice for October 21st Photo Scavenger Hunt suggested by Mark

 October 21st is another photo scavenger hunt for FMTSO. Here is a reminder of the guidelines:
*straight out of the camera, no editing
*one photo per word
*three words for each hunt
* add a fourth photo if you can find all three hunt words in one (or just post this one photo)
* hunt area includes your town, surrounding areas, surrounding countryside
Scavenger Hunt suggested by Mark, Butler and Bagman - Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. I guess that is four.
Mark's suggestion contains four subjects so use your own interpretations, have fun and HAPPY SHOOTING!!
Mark's member voice below;
When Doreen kindly asked if I could write a short "Member's Voice" bit about the theme I had suggested, my first reaction was befuddlement.  I had forgotten that I had suggested that theme.  But I get befuddled easily these days.  Also, this morning, I have suddenly, inexplicably become enamored of the word: "befuddlement" -- it looks so funny in print. 
Where was I?   Oh yes, I believe when Doreen was asking for suggestions for scavenger hunts this theme popped into my head for absolutely no reason that I can think of, unless someone somewhere had mentioned marriage that day. 
"Something old, something new,
 something borrowed, something blue."
This is an old wedding tradition that seems to have come into being in England or Scotland during the Victorian Age.  If a bride incorporates these items in her wedding dress she is supposed to have good luck in her marriage.  It must be an old custom because it is limited to the bride.  What about the groom? 
Anyhow, in terms of a photo scavenger hunt it is wide-open to interpretation and variety.  
And while it may be more difficult for Friday Hometown Shooters who don't live in Great Britain, you might earn a bonus from the closing line of this matrimonial ditty which is: "And a silver sixpence in her shoe."   Or his shoe, to be politically correct. 
Have fun and embrace befuddlement!
Mark

Comments